Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I went to the kitchen in my office to clean out my giant Denver coffee mug so that I could enjoy a delicious afternoon Americano, and I saw this:


You can't read the note in the picture, but it says: Official "Clean out the pantry, I've Made a New Year's Resolution" ledge.

Apparently someone has made (at least) the following New Year's Resolutions: (1) No more little powdered donuts (or "donettes" according to the clever packaging); (2) No more iced biscotti; and (3) No more throwing away food. So they left it on the counter for all to enjoy.

And enjoy they did! There were only two little powdered "donettes" left when I saw the sign. So I left the orange. I'm not giving up on citrus fruits this year. I just wanted to offer the latecomers a healthier option than an iced biscotti and two "donettes". Mainly, I just want to see if the orange would last the day. If it does, I will take home and eat it. If not, then I have provided someone an orange that might have otherwise fallen to the "temptation" of a little powdered "donette." Win. Win.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang - orange was gone. Donettes were good - a little stale by this afternoon. Thanks for pointing them out.

Ironman at Law said...

Indeed. Now all that is left is the lonely biscotti. Which, by the way, would have been the best option to accompany my Cafe Americano. Too bad.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

Lilypad Mom said...

Leaving mankind to chance upon a free orange is very kind of you. (haha!) I liked the "I'm not giving up on citrus fruits this year". I can picture it on a gas station advertising sign now! :-)

Tweeting My Training (and other random thoughts)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter