Saturday, August 28, 2010

Long Time, No Blog

Well, it's been four months since my last post.  Here's the quick update on my life:

Training

Still going at it.  This year was designed around getting stronger, and that's what I've been doing.  I've only raced one time this year at a local sprint triathlon.  With the exception of a long week in Boulder for a camp with Endurance Corner and Coach AC, I have spent the past 8+ months doing some long, sometimes monotonous, training.  Getting stronger.  Now I've switched focus to race specific training for my two races in October.  October 10 is the US Open Olympic Triathlon in Rockwall.  The following weekend is Ironman 70.3 Austin, where I qualified for the World Championships two years ago.  I'm not really shooting for anything in particular for either of those races.  My only goals are to run fast, have fun, and get some good benchmarking for next season.

Speaking of next season . . . After October, I recover for most of November to shed the 2010 fatigue.  Then, it's time to get serious again.  Ironman training.  Real Ironman training.  Ironman St. George is May 7, 2011.  Most believe it's the "longest" (i.e., "slowest") Ironman race in North America, which means for someone my size, we'll really have to pay attention to how to fuel it and pace it.  Should be fun!

Business

So what's really been keeping me busy these past several months is my new law firm.  Yes, I quit my well paying, secure, paycheck-every-two-weeks job to start a firm with a good friend of mine in Rockwall.  There is a link to our firm's website to the right, and here, if you want to see what I'm up to now.  The website is still a work in progress, so check back often. 

We've been open for about a month now.  So far, so good, but setting that up, planning for it, and keeping up with training has pretty much killed this blog.  Even if it's just with short posts like this one, I'll try to keep this more up to date, as this is the only place a lot of you follow my training and racing life. 

Onward!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Look at you, with your Completely Unsketchy / Legit Lawyer website! Way to go!

Tweeting My Training (and other random thoughts)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter